October 2019 Planned Ethereum Network Upgrade
- 2019-04-17 (Wed-Thurs) CoreDev planning meeting in Berlin, details on EthMagicians
- 2019-05-17 (Fri) hard deadline to accept proposals for “Istanbul”
- 2019-07-19 (Fri) soft deadline for major client implementations
- 2019-08-14 (Wed) projected date for testnet network upgrade (Ropsten, Görli, or ad-hoc testnet)
- 2019-10-16 (Wed) projected date for mainnet upgrade (“Istanbul”)
EIP 1829 Precompile for Elliptic Curve Linear Combinations.
EIP 615 Static Jumps and Subroutines
EIP 1057 ProgPoW, a Programmatic Proof-of-Work
EIP 665 Adding precompiles for Ed25519. (This would be incredibly helpful to Ethereum Name Service.)
Draft in Progress
These items are not yet merged as Drafts. See EIP-1 for template and markdown format and submit PRs.
- EIP 1884 Reprice Opcodes + optional new opcode - Discuss
- EIP 1559 Fee market change - Discuss - Proposed by Vitalik / Eric
- EIP 152 BLAKE2b
FCompression Function Precompile - Discuss - Being worked on by Virgil
Follow along All Core Dev calls and the EIPs repo.
currently new updates
Newest at the top, likely EthCatHerders repo / Github project will be source of updates going forward
Proposed: Security Review Period
Should we add a security review period? Let's say 4 weeks needed minimum once people responsible for review have the EIPs available, so maybe 2019-06-21 for first security review / reports? Discuss on EthMagicians